Saturday, July 9, 2011

Can you see any cats?

Our neighborhood feral cats don't pay us any attention, and our dogs love cats, so they don't bother them at all. In fact, they like the dogs much better than us. I didn't even see these two when I was outside hanging up laundry, but as I was closing the door -- I spotted them.

If you drive these roads you'll see a lot of tabby cats -- it's farm country where everyone thinks they need a mouse or two or twelve. Hubs thinks I'm nuts because he wouldn't touch a 'wild' cat, but if I could find a cheap place to have them neutered I would gather them all up and take them in. But at $20 -$40 each, I'd soon go broke. Too bad there isn't something we could put in their water. Hmmmm.

Anyway, I do believe we have the market cornered on tabby patterned cats -- the other day I went over the mountain to get out and saw a big large tabby -- probably five miles from the house. I felt like I was seeing a family member --- I guess cats travel quite a ways too.

Last year we hosted a chicken and her chicks for a few weeks --- and they just disappeared from the carport one day. I was hoping she'd come back with more, but I don't think that's going to happen this year.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Emma Grace is a tabby - and the nosiest cat in the world. Yous appear pretty content.

    ReplyDelete